Sunday, October 20, 2013

C4T #3

This week I had the opportunity to read Jen Deyenberg's blog Trails Optional. Recently he posted about a new Google tool, Read & Write. This seems like a very useful tool. It allows students to hear what they write. This will help with pronunciation and making sure the correct word is typed. This toolbar also allows for students to use spell check, a dictionary, a translator, and more. The best part about this Google tool is that students can access this from any computer simply by logging in. Educational tools will no longer be tied to school computers. This will "put the necessary pieces at the fingertips of learners who need them."

My comment in response to this post was:

Hi. I’m an Elementary Education major at the University of South Alabama. I found this post very interesting. At home, my dad, a medical school teacher, is always referring to the cloud and how useful it is for him and his students. Its good to know that this tool can be very useful to any classroom. I really like this idea of students being able to access these helpful tools anywhere. I never realized such a tool existed. Thanks for the new knowledge! I hope to one day use this in my classroom.



http://www.texthelp.com/north-america/readwriteforgoogle

http://www.trailsoptional.com/2013/10/assitive-technology-toolkit-readwrite-for-google/#comment-251223

1 comment:

  1. Hello Alyssa, you have a nice feel to your blog. My name is Brian, I attend the Tuesday/Thursday EDM 310 class and have been sent to your blog this week :) I'd say you've done a fairly good job on all your posts, as I skimmed through some of the latest. This post seems a bit short in terms of opinions and information, but I also have trouble writing on some teacher's blogs who may have little content. The last comment the teacher makes is great. I also look forward to putting easy access together with more educational tools.

    Your reply is quite nice, you seem very mannered in your speech. Many students I have read have put little care, or say personality, in their replies, so it nice to see this change. And your grammar is impeccable, though I would like to read more complex sentences from time to time. What you say, that you could use this tool in your classroom, is a good refection; that we learn about more ways to teach our future students is a great aspect of this course, and I'm glad you see that.

    Great job and hope your week goes well!

    ReplyDelete