Sunday, November 3, 2013

C4T #3 Summary

This month I have read a lot of interesting blogs by teachers. Today, however I read the most interesting one.

Today I read Michael Kaechele's blog, Concrete Classroom. In his most recent post Reboot Buggy he shows how in today's society people are more likely to buy something than to make it themselves. He shows a video where he makes a care himself. This process makes it more important. I couldn't agree more that making something adds value and meaning.

I commented: "Hi. I’m a student at the University of South Alabama studying Elementary Education. This idea of things that are important to us were not just bought in the store. Like you stated, so many people just buy stuff, but never make anything. I cannot imagine building a car, but I can see how that would make it truly special. I hope to one day use this idea in my classroom. Many students will buy or have their parents buy them toys. I remember making silly putty in a science class and it was the best! This was because I made it myself. This idea you posted is really important!"

http://www.michaelkaechele.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment